Sunday, June 28, 2009

Confection Chronicles: The Cascading Flowers Cake and Cupcakes, too!

So I have Chronicled nearly every fondant cake I have made. I can't forget this one...

I made this cake this March for my daughter Aubrey's 10th Birthday. It was the funnest cake I have made to date. The cupcakes were so fun too. I made so many of them that we didn't even eat the cake. I had just discovered these totally cute filigree cupcake wrappers and just had to use them. I also had just accquired my first fondant embossing mat and 4 bottles of sugar pearls. I embossed the ten on top and some decor for the cupcakes.

I love the colors on this cake. So much so that if I ever get my cake business off the ground I am going to use these colors. And noticeably they are the colors on my blog. What can I say, I'm a girly girl. And luckily so is my daughter, her and all her friends loved the cake. I love that I can do this for my kids. I live to make them happy. I look forward to making them cakes every year for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment